Invisalign® for Teeth Straightening
Invisalign is a means of straightening your teeth that has become a popular alternative to metal braces over the last few years. Invisalign has gained so much popularity because it is fast and comfortable without the unsightly invasion of metal braces. If you find you are self-conscious about your smile and that your teeth are not as straight as they could be, but you do not want to consider metal braces, then Invisalign may be the right option for you. Request an appointment regarding this unique dentistry with Edgerton and Glenn today.
Invisalign is a research-tested and proven effective treatment for not just crooked teeth but a variety of dental issues. Everyone ranging from teenagers to adults can experience benefits from Invisalign.
The Invisalign Procedure
Once you and the dentist have decided that Invisalign is the next consideration in your treatment plan to a healthier smile, the dentist will need to take images of your teeth. These images will help the dentist to determine if Invisalign is able to address the problems you would like to correct. If the images prove this to be the case, the dentist will send these images of your teeth to a lab. The lab will use these images to design trays for your individual mouth. Each tray is custom made for you and your teeth.
When you are at your follow up appointment, the dentist will ensure the custom made trays are properly aligned. Depending what you are trying to address and the severity of your case, your treatment plan with your trays will vary from someone else’s treatment plan. In most cases, you will replace your current tray with a new one every 1-2 weeks. While you are changing your trays, you will continue to have appointments with the dentist to ensure that the changes are moving in the correct direction and that your mouth is accepting the new alignment. For the best results, research shows that wearing your Invisalign aligner trays twenty to twenty two hours a day is the optimal number. Sticking with these recommendations and suggestions will get you to your results as fast as possible and as healthy as possible.
Between you check up appointments, please contact our staff if you are experiencing any issues or problems.
Benefits of Invisalign
Starting the Invisalign Program brings a number of benefits to you and to your smile including:
- Addresses Multiple Dental Concerns: Dentist use Invisalign to correct overbites and to help reduce gaps between teeth. Adults who are experiencing crowding can also benefit from correcting the position and alignment of those teeth.
- Cures Alignment Issues: Invisalign offers proven alignment changes for people with overbites, gaps between teeth, and crowding.
- Not as Noticeable: Invisalign aligner trays are clear, so when you are wearing them throughout the day, the braces are difficult to notice. Overall compared to crooked teeth or metal braces, Invisalign offers a more pleasing and natural aesthetic appearance.
- Removable: It is not surprising that the clear tray is more comfortable for people to use than to have metal braces digging at their gums and lips. On top of that, Invisalign braces can be taken in and out of your mouth as needed versus the permanently placed traditional braces. Keeping your Invisalign braces clean is easier and keeping your teeth and gums clean is easier versus having to navigate your tooth brush and dental floss around the metal braces. Sitting down to a big green salad does not require a mirror check to be sure you do not have anything caught in your braces. A quick game of basketball with friends is safer and easier than trying to remember to bring a mouth guard with you everywhere. Eating and sport participation can be easier and more fun.
- Scientifically Proven: Researchers have data and results from over four million people who had had success with Invisalign. While Invisalign is a new technology versus the older metal braces version, it is a successful alternative with testing and proof. Just as metal brace technology evolved from head gear, it has now transitioned to a new stage and the results of so many people
have established it as a viable option. Invisalign is now the premier choice of dentists.
- Less Painful Then Traditional Braces: Traditional braces, made of enamel or metal, can cause painful sores and wearing on the insides of the wearer’s mouth. Invisalign is made of plastic which is less likely to cause irritation.
Caring for Invisalign
As with most suggestions from the dentist, the better you follow your treatment plan, the better results, every time. Typically, dentists recommend wearing your aligners 20-22 hours a day and keeping your aligners cleaned every day.
Interested in hearing more about our solution for TMJ? Request a consultation today.
Costs for each procedure vary depending on how long the procedure takes, what materials the procedure requires, how many visits the procedure requires, and the amount of work the dentist is required to do. It may surprise you to know, but dental insurance may cover some of the costs for these as well as elective procedures as they lead to improved overall dental health and long term benefits. If you do not have dental insurance coverage or you have any questions about payment options for your treatment plan, you are more than welcome to talk to our staff at any time. Your budget’s health is just as important as your mouth’s health.
High Quality Care You Can Trust
At Edgerton & Glenn Cosmetic and General Dentistry, you are more than just teeth, you are our patient and we want to help you to achieve and maintain oral health as best we can. We look forward to meeting you and talking about what is best for you and your mouth. Please contact us to set up an appointment at (910) 256-9230.
More Information About :
- All on Four Dental Implants
- CEREC Crowns
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Deep Teeth Cleaning
- Dental Bonding
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Exams
- Dental Implants
- Dentist office in Wilmington
- Family Dentistry
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Gum Disease
- Gummy Smile
- Implant Supported Dentures
- Inlay & Onlays
- Laser Dentistry
- Mouth Guards
- Porcelain Veneers
- Root Canals
- Sleep Apnea
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ Therapy
- Tooth Extractions
- Tooth Fillings