Laser Dentistry in Wilmington, NC
Waterlase® MD Turbo
The Waterlase® laser dentistry tool from Biolase Technology is extremely versatile.
Laser dentistry in Wilmington, NC may change your entire perception of going to the dentist! Waterlase® can be used for a wide range of hard and soft tissue procedures including decay removal, cavity preparation, root canals, smile design, gum and bone surgical procedures, cosmetic dentistry, and many others.
Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of the traditional dental drill. Since cutting both hard and soft tissues (teeth and gums) with the Waterlase® does not generate heat, vibration or pressure, many dental procedures can be performed with fewer shots, less need for anesthesia, less use of the drill and fewer numb lips! Additionally, using the Waterlase® for gum procedures reduces bleeding, post-operative pain, swelling and the need for pain medication in many cases.
Benefits of Waterlase® MD Turbo:
- Accuracy and precision - preserving healthy tooth structure
- Reduced trauma - high speed drills can cause hairline cracks and fracture to healthy enamel.
- Improved cavity fillings - can increase the bonding strength of composite restorations.
- Less bleeding and swelling - with it's gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities.
- Fewer dental visits - because there is no need for shots or anesthesia.
- Versatility- it can be used for both hard and soft tissue procedures.
The EZlase laser dentistry tool from Biolase Technologies uses highly concentrated light energy to perform various dental treatments safely and comfortably, such as recontouring gum tissue, frenectomies, removal of soft tissue "lumps", and decreasing healing time and recurrence of cold sores.
An exclusive EZlase feature called ComfortPulse™ significantly reduces the amount of time the laser is actually cutting, to avoid pain-inducing heat build-up, giving you a more comfortable experience. The EZlase offers the most precise control of tissue cutting for different procedures, causing less trauma and quicker healing. In addition to performing surgical procedures, EZlase is also an ideal teeth whitening tool. A full-mouth, in-office whitening can be performed in only 20 minutes, faster than any other in-office whitening system. It can also be used for temporary pain therapy and relief of minor muscle pain, joint pain and stiffness.
Benefits of EZlase for cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry:
- Provides better results and improves comfort for many common dental procedures.
- Many procedures can be done using only topical anesthetics, ensuring quicker procedures.
- Little to no bleeding, faster healing times and reduced post-operative pain.
Our Smile Gallery
Thanks to advances in cosmetic dental care and related dental technologies, the brighter, healthier smile you've always dreamed about can be a reality. All it takes are the skilled hands of a specially trained cosmetic dentist, one with an artist's eye and years of experience needed to create a customized treatment plan that's right for your smile and you.
Call today 910-256-9230