Preventative Care Dentistry In Wilmington, NC
It may surprise you to learn that the health of your smile greatly impacts your overall health. Fortunately, we offer first class preventative care!
- Dangerous bacteria from periodontal (gum) disease can lead to heart attack, stroke and low birth-weight babies as well as loss of healthy teeth.
- Cavities left undetected can cause infections, abscesses and bone deterioration.
- TMJ can cause chronic headaches, back and neck pain, jaw pain and more.
The doctors at Edgerton and Glenn Dentistry feel regular preventative care helps you attain and maintain optimal oral health. From advanced diagnostic procedures to cleanings, Dr. Edgerton and Dr. Glenn provide preventive care for your entire family. The technology we embrace makes sure that we can catch and treat many issues before they ever develop into true problems for your health.
- IntraOral Camera - Using a pen-sized camera, we take video of your teeth and project the live image onto a television screen in the treatment room. This image is magnified, allowing us to better see and detect any decay, cracked or leaking fillings or other problems.
- Digital X-Rays - With a digital x-ray, we take a picture of your teeth. We can almost immediately see it on a computer monitor. This large, color-enhanced image lets us get a better picture of your oral health, allowing for earlier treatment.
Preventative care can take many forms. The best way to ensure that you don't wind up with dental problems is to get your teeth cleaned by a professional dentist every six months. While we highly recommend brushing and flossing at least twice daily and after meals, a cleaning from a dental hygienest is your best bet to fight tooth decay. Avoid extra hassles. Limit your time at the dentist. Be proactive when it comes to your dental health. Learn how to further fight cavities here.
Drs. Edgerton and Glenn offer preventative care dentistry to Wilmington, NC as well as Wrightsville Beach, Landfall, Porters Neck and the surrounding areas.
Our Smile Gallery
Thanks to advances in cosmetic dental care and related dental technologies, the brighter, healthier smile you've always dreamed about can be a reality. All it takes are the skilled hands of a specially trained cosmetic dentist, one with an artist's eye and years of experience needed to create a customized treatment plan that's right for your smile and you.
Call today 910-256-9230